Career Skills Toolkit: Transitioning Out of Your Postdoc
To help you decide what’s next after you’ve completed your postdoc, SfN has created a toolkit guiding you through career options available to you. Learn about various opportunities within and outside of academia and how to evaluate each based on your skills, interests, and values.
Explore the toolkit’s ready-to-use presentation to learn:
- Questions to consider as you prepare to take the next step in your career.
- Differences among types of faculty positions.
- What to share in an application and what to expect during the academic interview process.
- Where to find out more about nonacademic careers.
- Ways to build your network.
- How to assess and develop relevant skills and highlight transferable ones on a resume or CV.
Read this toolkit now and refer to it as you advance in your career. You can also share the toolkit with an audience at your institution or at your local SfN chapter meeting.
This presentation is the fourth part of SfN’s Career Skills Toolkit series, aimed at helping neuroscientists develop the nonscientific skills they need to excel.
Explore the first three toolkits: