Career Skills Toolkit: From PhD to Postdoc
The right postdoc can help you gain key skills for the next step in your career, and it takes an intentional plan to select the right one.
To help you identify and secure a postdoc that best fits your goals, SfN has created a toolkit to help you strategically explore career options, develop relevant transferable skills, network with potential mentors, and negotiate the position right for you.
Explore the toolkit’s ready-to-use presentation to learn how to:
- Explore career options and decide on your next steps.
- Build the skills and network you need for career advancement.
- Highlight your value on a CV or resume.
- Identify and secure a postdoc position.
- Plan your postdoc to help you achieve future career advancement.
This toolkit can be shared with an audience or studied independently to learn how you can maximize your own postdoc experience.
This presentation is the third part of SfN’s Career Skills Toolkit series, aimed at helping neuroscientists develop the nonscientific skills they need to excel.
Explore the first two toolkits: