Episode 4: Creating a Culture of Rigor
How can researchers shape modern scientific culture to incentivize more sustainable, rigorous science? Hear from Michael Lehman, Ghazaleh Sadri-Vakili, and Tanita Casci as they cover the critical importance of incentivizing rigorous research today, as well as ways you can advance rigorous research practices at any level in your career to invigorate the field.
More SfN Resources
- Tune into the latest discussions surrounding diversity in neuroscience
- Learn about the longstanding SfN/NINDS program supporting diversity in neuroscience, the Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP)
- Read the eNeuro editorial on Acknowledging Those Who Did the Work
- Learn about the SfN journals Reviewer Mentor Program
Explore Topics From this Episode
- Nature world view article: What my retraction taught me
- Nature comment article - Research integrity: Nine ways to move from talk to walk
- Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA): Reimagining academic assessment: stories of innovation and change
- Research Culture Case Study, University of Glasgow:
- Standard Operating Procedures for Research Integrity (SOPs4RI): Making Collegiality a Core Element of Research Culture
- eLife: Research Culture: Setting the Right Tone
Pathways to Enhance Rigor: A Collection of Conversations is a part of the Society for Neuroscience’s (SfN’s) Foundations of Rigorous Neuroscience Research (FRN) program. This program is supported by the National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), grant number 5R25NS112922-02. The FRN program is designed to inform and empower neuroscientists at all career levels to enhance the rigor in their research and the scientific culture at large.