Seven Stories of Impact from SfN Chapters
1. High impact chapters do three things consistently: communicate with the public, recruit volunteers, and seek resources. Read how you can do the same.
2. The DC-area chapter is working to improve recruitment and evaluation practices. Read about the Increasing Women in Neuroscience tool that’s helping them, and how you can use it, too.
3. This postdoc reactivated her local chapter, and by doing so, she paved a road for funding and advocacy opportunities where there wasn’t one before.
4. The Ottawa Chapter has built a following through their annual brain and mental health art show. Learn what goes into establishing a strong community presence and their motivation behind it.
5. Global scientific exchange has a positive impact on the field. Read how the University of New England is carrying out neuroscience outreach in Morocco and Spain.
6. Developing partnerships with similar science and education organizations can lead to substantial growth. Here are the connections you should you start leveraging.
7. From local programs to international communities, see what you can learn from many SfN chapter leaders as they highlight their outreach programs on this panel.