The Local Epileptor: Part 1
- Source: International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Learn how to simulate seizure events and epilepsy in The Virtual Brain. We will look at the paper: On the Nature of Seizure Dynamics which describes a new local model called the Epileptor, and apply this same model in The Virtual Brain. This is part 1 of 2 in a series explaining how to use the Epileptor. In this part, we focus on setting up the parameters.
Topics covered in this lesson:
- Overview of modelling seizure in The Virtual Brain
- Overview of The Epileptor
- Overview of the 5 differential equations of The Epileptor
- Configuring parameters for modelling seizure in The Virtual Brain