Module 3C: Deriving Human Astrocytes from Pluripotent Stem Cells
In this presentation, Jason Tchieu will:
- Explain why human astrocytes are important.
- Provide general methods to differentiate astrocytes from PSCs, including transcription factor mediated systems.
- Describe how to stage and troubleshoot the differentiation(s).
- Introduce functional and molecular characterization.
- Introduce co-culture analysis.
After watching this presentation, participants at all career stages should be able to:
- Explain the logic in the directed differentiation of astrocytes from hPSCs, including steps where transgene expression can bypass particular stages of neural development.
- Outline some uses of astrocytes for modeling neuron/glia interactions in mixed cultures.
Download this guide to access resources that supplement Tchieu’s presentation.