Module 2B: Direct Lineage Conversions in Disease Modeling
In this presentation, Nan Yang will:
- Introduce lineage conversion, a few principles on identifying transcription factors for different neuronal subtypes, and the application of the method.
- Describe detailed procedure of generating induced neuronal cells from human iPS cells and create neuron & astroglia co-cultures.
- Share troubleshooting tips for common problems.
After watching this presentation, participants at all career stages should be able to:
- Summarize the principles for direct lineage conversion.
- Identify the key techniques used to directly generate human neurons from iPS cells by transiently expressing transcription factors.
- Explain how to establish long-term culture for disease modeling.
Download this guide to access resources that supplement Yang’s presentation.