Module 1B: Functional Genomics in iPSC-Derived Neurons and Glia
In this presentation, Martin Kampmann will introduce functional genomics approaches in iPSC-derived neurons and glia. Specifically, Kampmann will:
- Cover CRISPRi (interference) and CRISPRa (activation) control of gene expression.
- Describe how to implement CRISPRi/a in iPSC-derived cells.
- Introduce large-scale genetic screens based on:
- Fluorescent readouts of cell function, by FACS
- Single-cell RNA sequencing
- High-content imaging
- Use of functional genomics to understand mechanisms underlying disease-linked genes and potential therapeutic strategies.
After watching this presentation, participants at all career stages should be able to:
- Outline CRISPR-based approaches to probe gene function in iPSC-derived neurons and glia.
- Explain different types of large-scale genetic screens in iPSC-derived neurons and glia.
Download this guide to access resources that supplement Kampmann’s presentation.