Module 1A: Generating and Genome Editing iPS Cells
In this presentation, Valentina Lo Sardo will introduce the generation of iPSCs from somatic cells and methods of genome editing. Specifically, Lo Sardo will:
- Introduce reprogramming, including different cell sources and methods for generating iPSCs.
- Describe experimental design and procedure to generate, validate, and maintain iPSCs from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), including general considerations on source of variability in iPSCs.
- Introduce genome editing techniques.
- Explain experimental design and procedure to perform genome editing using TALENs, including general considerations on study design and type of controls.
After watching this presentation, participants at all career stages should be able to:
- Explain the basics of reprogramming.
- Summarize how to make a study design considering possible limitations and proper number of samples.
- Outline how to perform a reprogramming experiment.
- Explain how to validate and establish iPSC lines.
- Describe genome editing techniques and how to design and perform an experiment.
- Describe how to design the proper study based on your interests.
Download this guide to access resources that supplement Lo Sardo’s presentation.