Introduction: History and Overview of the Field
Marius Wernig, Kristin Baldwin, and Lorenz Studer provide a brief introduction to the training series (0:00-7:42) and the field of stem cell biology and reprogramming technologies.
This resource will review:
- Why the stem cell biology and reprogramming field shows enormous potential in modern biomedical research (7:42-18:37).
- A historical understanding of neural differentiation (18:37-30:36) and epigenetic reprogramming techniques (30:36-40:43).
After reviewing the introductory video, participants at all career stages should be able to:
- Understand the organization of SfN’s training series on stem cells and reprogramming methods in neuroscience.
- Understand the objectives of the training series and how to engage with the resources.
- Describe how the stem cell and reprogramming field has developed and advanced.
- Summarize the potential of stem cells and reprogramming technologies and how you can apply them to your neuroscience research questions.
- Identify current limitations of these technologies.