Demystifying the Funding Process for Fellowship and Career Development Awards
Watch this webinar to hear an overview of the funding process for fellowship and career development awards at NIH.
From a panel of experts, get tips on how to identify the right grant mechanism for your career stage and who to contact for help, and understand how your application will be reviewed and how NIH Institutes finalize funding decisions. You will also hear helpful suggestions to maximize your chances for writing a successful application.
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand at a high-level NIH grant process from submission through award stages, including:
- How to identify NIH funding opportunities based on career stage and eligibility criteria.
- How to identify and connect with individuals at funding agencies to discuss your application and optimize your likelihood for success.
- How NIH reviews training applications.
- How NIH makes funding decisions.
- Identify critical variables in review and determine how to avoid common mistakes in application components, including:
- Fellowship applicant/candidate.
- Career development plan.
- Research training plan.
- Institutional training and development.
- Non-scored review criteria.
- Introduction to the resubmission.
Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and new faculty who are eligible for NIH awards are encouraged to attend.