This resource was featured in the NeuroJobs Career Center. Visit today to search the world’s largest source of neuroscience opportunities.
This training module will help you to:
- Learn to create a favorable work climate
- Support the career advancement of science faculty
- Recognize accomplishments in departments
- Establish the importance of a supportive and inclusive institution
A workshop on creating a favorable work climate within neuroscience departments was held as part of SfN’s Department Chair Training to Increase Women in Neuroscience (IWiN) program. View the presentation and readings from the workshop and read the featured article to learn about the changes that workshop attendees implemented within their own institutions:
- The Challenge of Institutional Climate and Inclusive Excellence (Douglas Haynes, PhD)
- Global Warming at the Departmental Level (Sandra Masur, PhD)
- Departmental Climate (Maria Chisholm-Burns, PharmD, Randy Richardson, PhD, and Helena Rodrigues, PhD)
- Good Places to Do Science (Diana Bilimoria, PhD)
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. (0930184).