In this presentation, Madeline Lancaster will:
- Introduce development of three-dimensional neural organoids.
- Describe various three-dimensional methods: emphasizing strengths and limitations.
- Provide an overview of neurological conditions so far modeled with organoid systems.
These resources were selected by Madeline Lancaster, Aparna Bhaduri, and Madeline Andrews, faculty from Module 4: Neural Organoids. These resources supplement their presentations, “Modeling Human Brain Development in a Dish”, and “Using Organoids and Single-Cell RNA Sequencing Approaches to Study Human Cortical Development.”
In this presentation, Aparna Bhaduri and Madeline Andrews will:
- Describe human cortical development and relevant cell types.
- Introduce cortical organoid models.
- Introduce single-cell RNA sequencing approaches.
- Provide a summary of findings from organoid studies using RNA sequencing and organoid models.
- Describe scRNAseq methods to better understand cell type.
- Compare organoid and primary cortical cells at a single cell level.
In this video, Aparna Bhaduri and Madeline Andrews will demonstrate how to use the UCSF Cell Browser.